September 17, 2021
This week in ELA, we wrapped up our Book Commercial project. The goal of the project was to “sell” a book you’ve recently read and enjoyed! Check out the links below for a few of the commercials!
The 47 People You Meet in Middle School (Evan, Kessler, and Manny)
The Babysitter’s Club (Camden and Harper)
Virtual Curriculum Night: Our Curriculum Night will be on Thursday, September 23rd at 7:30pm! This will happen on Zoom and we will send out the Zoom link closer to the event. We will record and post if you are unable to attend. Also, remember families who have not yet had a chance to visit our buildings in person can sign up for a Self-guided walking tour for Wednesday, Sept. 22nd.
Weekly Overview: Each week (typically on a Friday afternoon) we will post our “Weekly Overview.” This slideshow will list class topics and activities, homework assignments, and contact information. Click here to view this week’s overview.
On-site COVID Testing: You should have received an email to register your students for on-site COVID Testing. Please register your student. Contact email@example.com if you did not receive the email or have questions.
The Allies Are Back! The Allies are our Gay/Gender-Straight Alliance student-led lunch club. The purpose of this club is to provide a safe and supportive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender teens, as well as their allies, to form friendships and talk about important issues. The Allies will meet for lunch every other Tuesday starting September 21st at 12:30 pm. Email Cori at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary at email@example.com if you are interested in receiving an invitation to join us for lunch.
SIXTH GRADE PARENT FACEBOOK GROUP: Join here!
PICTURE DAY: Amy Ames will be back with us to take school pictures on Tuesday, Oct. 19th at the elementary school and on Wednesday, October 20 at the middle school. All students will have their picture taken on those days for the yearbook, and families will have the option of purchasing photo packages. Amy is also offering some mini-sessions on Friday, Oct. 22nd for families; sign up using this Sign-up Genius link if you’d like to have a mini-session with adults, siblings, or even family pets.
Amazon Wishlist: link:
Exploris Leadership & Student Services:
- Exploris COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK FREE COVID TESTING NEAR THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL: Free Covid testing open 6 days a week, 7 am-7pm. The Kidd Rd location is just a few minutes from Exploris Elementary.
- PTO BLOG – Make sure you are following the Exploris PTO blog! Link: https://explorispto.org/
- Students can refer themselves to a counselor. LINK
- School Lunch: Thanks for your patience as we worked out the new system and vendor. Green Planet Ordering will be up and running tonight at 5:00 pm. You can create an account and add students now. Important Information regarding lunches:
- FAQ about Green Planet Lunch Program
- Exploris Online Ordering System Link
- Step By Step Guide: Create an account and how to orderFree/Reduced Lunch Program: Please note there is a separate ordering process- DO NOT create an account- contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or if you have not enrolled and would like to. Reduced lunch payments will go through the school and you may contact me for details.
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS NEEDED: Exploris needs subs! If you or anyone in your network would like to be trained and get on our sub list, please reach out to MParkerson@Exploris.org. Subbing is a great way to get to know the school, teachers, and kids, and is a flexible way to earn some extra $$s!
Brennan, Devon, Loren, and Shannon