April 8, 2019
Exploris Grade 6 Weekly Letter
CLASS PET HELP NEEDED!!! WE DON’T HAVE ANYONE SIGNED UP FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS! -Please sign up if you can help take care of Koda!: Koda is our classroom Hedgehog and she needs families to care for her during the weekends and breaks. We need families to sign up for the months of April/May/June. She is a cute pet and not demanding. If you can take care of her during a weekend, or a longer break, please sign up here.
NCSU’S SONIA KOVELEVSKY DAY:
What: A day of math activities for 7th & 8th grade girls
When: Saturday, April 27, 2018 from 9:00am – 2:00pm
Where: NC State’s SAS Hall (Stinson Drive)
Who: Any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in math
Why: In honor of Sonia Kovalevsky, who was the first woman to earn a PhD in mathematics, schools across the nation host an SK Day to encourage young women to gain more interest in the mathematical sciences.
RSVP: Space is limited! Please reserve your spot by April 22nd by emailing graduate student Tricity Andrew at email@example.com. Please include any dietary allergies/restrictions in your email.
GIFT CARDS/PRIZES NEEDED FOR STUDENT RAFFLE: Students have earned raffle tickets for good deeds, craftsmanship, helping, kindness, etc. We would like to have our raffle very soon but are in need of more prizes. Parents are also welcome to send in gift cards (Chargrill, Cupcake Shoppe, Demo’s, Starbucks, Target, etc.) or other prizes and we can raffle those off as well. Thank you for your help.
IS ACCESS TO FRESH, HEALTHY FOODS A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? WE THINK IT’S A RIGHT! Food for Thought
Yearbooks for Sale –FINAL CHANCE TO GET YOUR YEARBOOK! Click here to purchase your 2018-2019 yearbook for $40
6TH GRADE REMIND CLASS: Please join the 6th grade remind class by clicking this link: https://www.remind.com/join/eadaf23! We will use Remind for important reminders, homework updates, etc.
Exploris 6th Grade Wish List Link: http://a.co/2tYQsOL We appreciate your donations to our classroom!
ATTENDANCE REMINDER: When your student is absent, please remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org and your child’s crew teacher. When checking in to the system, be sure to use your child’s legal name.
Homework – Weekly Requirements:
Important Dates (Exploris CALENDAR)
Spring Break – Friday, April 12 (3:15pm) – Tuesday, April 23 (8am)
Friday, May 24 – Teacher Workday
Thursday May 23rd -Friday, June 7th- SPRING TESTING WINDOW (EOG)
Monday, May 27- Memorial Day Holiday-School Closed
Friday, June 7 – Graduation (10:30 am), early dismissal
Friday, June 8 – End of Third Trimester, last day of school
Jamie Butler – Art
Alyssa Altman- Exceptional Children’s Teacher
Sharon Cuffe – Exceptional Children’s Teacher
Michelle Duncan – School Counselor
Jill Hemingway – Interventionist
Loren Kent – Crew, ELA, Expedition
Paula Mancini – Exceptional Children – Teaching Partner
Carolee McLinnahan – Administrative Assistant – Attendance
Mary Margaret Moffitt – Development Coordinator, but mostly just about anything you need!
Michelle Parkerson – Associate Director of the Middle School (6-8)
Devon Rose- Crew, ELA, Expedition
Ellie Schollmeyer- Executive Director
Shawna Scipione- Crew, Math, Expedition
Oliver Smith – Health and Wellness
Juliana Thomas- Crew, Math, Expedition
Eugene Wheeler – Global Cultures
Parent and Teacher Organization
- Join PTO – much, much help still needed! LINK
- 2018-2019 Carpool Form ; 2018-2019 Carpool MAP (Password: 1997*)
- Spiritwear – LINK
- Lunch Orders – LINK
Clubs and Extended Care Program:
- Allies – Mary McWay
- Basketball – Mary Mcway & Kristi Pettibone
- Cross Country (Aug-Oct) – Adrian Findlay & Sharon Cuffe
- Crossfit for Kids – Chenelle Miller email@example.com
- Contemporary Art Museum docents – Shawna Scipione
- Dungeons & Dragons – Cris Preble
- Science Olympiad – Helene and Emily
- Fossil Club –Juliana Thomas
- Green Team – Devon Rose
- Gaming Club/Minecraft (October 11- Dec)– Jason Stegall
- Model U.N. – Cori Greer-Banks
- Junior Tarheels History Club – Cori Greer-Banks
- Improv (Nov-Jan) – Jeri Donovan Livengood
- Soccer (Jan-Mar) – Shannon Hardy
- Yearbook – Jessie
- Student Ambassadors – Paula Mancini
- Battle of the Books – Devon and Loren
- Japanese Exchange (August Visit) – Cori Greer-Banks, Lisa Ferrando
- Ultimate Frisbee – Sandi Mayo & Prakash Bhave
- German Exchange (Spring Visit) – Maggie Gargan & Emily Felker