Please review the Weekly Overview so you’re prepped and ready for the week!
We’d like to extend a special thanks to author Leigh Statham for taking the time to visit our ELA classes this morning. Leigh shared her writing tips with students that will help as students begin drafting their personal narratives!
Happy Friday! Please take a few minutes and read the below announcements and look at the Weekly Overview for next week!
- Art is starting next week!
For art, you will need:
-a sketchbook or unlined paper
-a pencil and any colored markers you have at your house
-a pair of scissors
-a glue stick or bottle of glue
Monday and Wednesday: 10:45-Devon 12:15-Loren**Google classroom code for Devon and Loren’s crews: d3uxyid
Tuesday and Thursday 10:45-Kathryn12:15 Shawna**Google Classroom link for Kathryn and Shawna’s crews: rjwhgrn
2. BIOGEN COMMUNITY LAB: SPEAKER SERIES
Biogen invites everyone to join them on the third Wednesday of each month from 4pm – 5pm EST as we present a brand new, free virtual speaker series! Each session will host a different professional within the biotechnology community to discuss topics such as inventions, innovation and much more. Register Here.
January 20th 4PM to 5PM EST
Why Being Different Makes Science Better
Biogen’s Medical Director & Head, Clinical Assessments
3. Please see more updates and announcements in the Weekly Overview!
Hi Exploris Families,
Martin Luther King Jr. famously said, “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” As we approach Martin Luther King Jr. day, a National Day of Service, let’s make a commitment to serving our community and make it a better place.
In honor of Martin Luther King Jr. and the upcoming Black History Month, (February) the Kindergarten Parent Liaison Group would like to host a Multicultural Crayola Crayon, Marker, Colored Pencil Drive! We are hoping that Exploris families would consider donating a package (or multiple packages!) of the Multicultural Crayola supplies to stock our classrooms.
Crayola boasts that the crayon packages have 24 new crayon colors that represent people from around the world. The Markers contain 10 different skin colors and the Colored Pencils contain 8 different skin tones. Let’s celebrate our diversity and have all of our students represented when doing school projects!
Feel free to drop off at the school any time during the month of February (or earlier if you have a supply pick up), there will be a plastic bin by the door to the elementary office. If shipping is easier for you, ship through Amazon Smile to:
Exploris Elementary School
Attn: Multicultural Crayon Drive
17 S. Swain Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team will collect all of the supplies at the end of February and stock all classrooms with packages. We will also make sure that our Global Arts Team and our Exceptional Children Team have enough supplies.
Thank you for your consideration!
The Kindergarten Parent Liaison Team
Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the gifts and generous donations to the PTO faculty gift! Please check out the announcements below so you are prepped and ready to go next week!
- MAP Testing: MAP Testing is happening next Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Testing will happen during our Expedition time at 1:15. Please be present and arrive to class on time! Please read this letter to make sure your computer is ready for MAP Testing on Tuesday!
- Weekly Overview: Please review the topics for next week’s classes and see homework assignments for next week! Find the weekly overview by clicking here.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Students, please remember that your experiment must be completed by Wednesday, January 6th. Parents, check in with your child to ask them about their experiment and if they need any help. Take pictures and/or video your experiment!
We hope you have a wonderful break! We look forward to seeing you online on Monday, January 4th!
Sign up for Panera Bread Pick-Up.
Each sign-up occurs at 7:55 pm on Sunday evenings at the Glenwood Panera. The following morning, you drop off at Shepard’s Table Soup Kitchen before 11:00 am. The soup kitchen now more than ever relies on our donation.
For more information and to sign up:
Panera Bread Pick-Up
Happy Friday! Please check out the below announcements. Make sure to review the Weekly Overview with your student so they are prepared and ready for next week!
- Back to School Survey: ALL FAMILIES must complete the Return to In-Person Learning Commitment Form. Please complete ASAP!
- Parent Help Needed! Hapara Highlights: Please make sure the Hapara Highlights Extension is downloaded onto your child’s device and make sure your child uses Google Chrome during the school day. Additionally, make sure your child is logged out of their personal email address during school- it’ll help us encourage your child to focus on their schoolwork. Hapara cannot allow teachers to monitor any accounts other than those that are exploris.org and only within Chromebook and only during the school day.
- Weekly Overview: Please check out what’s happening next week! Students will begin a Scientific Method project and will be designing their own experiment! Weekly Overview link: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/15Q4hbuotCXoMya5bDAXrf0192tJK9qA3XjhmahtTqvY/edit?usp=sharing
Please take a few minutes this weekend and read the announcements below. Contact your Crew teacher with any questions!
- ACHIEVEMENT REPORTS: Achievement Reports will be emailed to you today. The email will come from JUMPROPE, NOT EXPLORIS. It will include your child’s name in the subject line. If you do not receive a report, please check your spam folder. If you still do not see the report, email your Crew teacher.
- WONDER IN THE PARK: Wonder in the Park is happening on Tuesday! You will receive a form to complete on Tuesday morning. PLEASE COMPLETE THIS FORM PRIOR TO ATTENDING WONDER IN THE PARK. If you are interested in volunteering for the session your child is attending, please sign up here.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES NEEDED FOR WONDER IN THE PARK: We are in need of empty 16oz plastic bottles for one of the experiments next week. If you are able to bring any of these to the park next week, please sign up here!
- ANGEL TREE: In case you missed it, Exploris is having our first annual Angel Tree (inclusive of all spiritual and religious beliefs). This winter season we want to bring some extra joy and assistance to those in need within our Exploris Community. Here is the sign-up genius if you would like to assist with making this possible or wish to share with others. Special thanks to the Kindergarten Parent/Guardian Liaison Group for helping to make this possible.
- CLASS REMINDERS: We are noticing an uptick in tardies. The schedule is listed in the Weekly Overview. Please review the schedule with your student to ensure that they are on time for class. Students should take care of their personal needs prior to class.
- Weekly Overview: The Weekly Overview has been updated. You can access the overview by clicking here.
In case you missed it, Exploris is having our first annual Angel Tree (inclusive of all spiritual and religious beliefs). This winter season we want to bring some extra joy and assistance to those in need within our Exploris Community.
Here is the sign-up genius if you would like to assist with making this possible or wish to share with others. Special thanks to the Kindergarten Parent/Guardian Liaison Group for helping to make this possible.
Ways to Purchase:
- Check the Signup Genius and signup to purchase a donation from the children’s wish list.
- Don’t have time to shop, you can Venmo to the following account and we will shop for you. Venmo @Brooke-Hedrick-3 (please indicate in the notes it is for the Exploris Angel Tree).
Ways to Drop Off Gifts:
- Contact Michelle Duncan at email@example.com to coordinate drop off your donation at Exploris Elementary; or
- Donations may be shipped or dropped off to:
3309 Thomas Road
Raleigh, NC 27607