Friday, May 13, 2022
Thank you for your help in making our Global Religion Tour a success! We appreciate all of our parent drivers and chaperones! We look forward to seeing students at the PTO-sponsored dance tonight at the NC State University Club from 7pm-9pm. For more details on the dance, click here.
In other news, we have received our EOG dates so please mark your calendars:
Wednesday, June 1st: Reading EOG
Friday, June 3rd: Math EOG
There will not be any virtual days.
Bowling Trip 6/9/13 9:30-12:00: Drivers needed! – Sign Up
- Thursday, June 9th 9:30 am-12:00 pm – Bowling in Garner!
SCHOOL DEVICES MUST BE RETURNED: All school devices must be returned to school, including chargers. Devices and computers can be returned as early as next week or before EOGs begin.
ASTROCAMP REFUND UPDATE: Exploris is preparing refund checks for payments made for Astrocamp. Exploris is waiting to receive the refund of the payment made to Astrocamp, which we expect to receive around May 20. As soon as we receive the check from Astrocamp, refund checks will be sent out to the families. Thank you for your patience as we await this final refund from Astrocamp.
NEXT WEEK: Portfolio Conferences, May 19-25
May is Mental Health Awareness Month: This year, the theme of Mental Health Month is “Back to Basics.” After the last two years of pandemic living, many people are realizing that stress, isolation, and uncertainty have taken a toll on their well-being. The goal is to provide foundational knowledge about mental health & mental health conditions and information about what people can do if their mental health is a cause for concern.
The week of May 23rd-May 27th all grades will participate in activities surrounding Mental Wellness and social-emotional learning.
- Wear green on Mental Health Monday May 23rd and look for details to follow in next week’s updates.
During the month of May students will take the Social-Emotional Screener again.
- Who takes the survey?
- Students grades 3-7 take the survey
- Parents who have a K-2nd grader will take the survey
The online assessment is a universal screener given to all students third through 8th grade that will identify areas of strength and emotional behavioral concerns in order to inform counselors, teachers, and leadership in planning SEL instructional and programmatic supports for students as a whole. The individual student assessment provides information about a student’s current social-emotional learning levels. The results of the assessment will be used to guide instruction for all students and identify students who might need additional social-emotional support. If you would like to opt-out of this assessment pr have further questions please contact our counselors at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning more about this assessment click here.
MIDDLE SCHOOL DANCE ON FRIDAY, MAY 13TH: The PTO is excited to sponsor the 2022 Spring Middle School Dance! This will be the first dance our middle schoolers have been able to have since Fall 2019 (when the 8th graders were in 6th grade)! We hope everyone will be able to attend this special event, held at the NC State University Club ballroom and outdoor courtyard.
- $8 in advance, $10 cash at the door.
Buy your tickets now! (Names will go on a list and students can check in at the dance.)
- In addition to the Exploris teacher chaperones, we need parents to help. Sign up here:
More information and FAQs here: https://explorispto.org/middle-school-dance/
SIXTH GRADE LIBRARY: Please check around your house, cars, bedrooms, backpacks, etc. for our class library books. Most are labeled with EMS or EMS-6. Please return our books so we can refill and refresh our library!
- Exploris UPDATED COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK / Free Covid testing
- Buy your yearbook today at Yearbook at Jostens.
- Lunch Programming: MAY MENU
- Counselor referral Please use this link and complete the form.
- Yu-Gi- Oh Card Club (every other Tuesday after school 3:15-4:15) Michelle Duncan
- Pride Club (Every other Tuesday) Cori and Mary
- SAVE Club (Every other Tuesday) Michelle Duncan
- Magic the Gathering Club 3:15-4:15 Kelly (Mondays)
- Drama Club (Wednesdays 3:15-5:00 Kim Nilsen 919-308-7214)
- Girls in Science Summer Ed-Venture – North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Dates: July 18–23, 2022 Camp starts at 1:00pm on Monday, July 18 and ends at noon on Saturday, July 23, 2022. Fee: $650 includes all activities and program materials, lodging, meals, field trip transportation, T-shirt and certificate. Scholarships are available!
|Sixth Grade THIS WEEK’S Overview LINKSchool Calendar LINK|
|Friday, May 13||Middle School Dance 7-9pm CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS|
|Friday, May 20||Portfolio Conferences – No School|
|Wednesday, June 1||Reading EOG|
|Friday, June 3||Math EOG|
|May 27-June 10||EOG Testing Window|
|Monday, May 30||Holiday – Memorial Day|
|Friday, June 10||Last Day of School – Dismissal 12:15pm|
Devon, Emily, Loren, and Shannon