Friday, May 6, 2022
The students have wrapped up their ancient government and social structures projects. If you have a chance, peek in on their ancient leader exhibition “The Writing is on the Wall.” Imagine ancient social media! Some really clever work! The UN Summit was a timeless reflection on war, power, and leaders’ responsibility to their people and humanity. Please see their adorable costumes – Google Album!
After learning about social structures and different global religions, students also created virtual museum exhibits on how social structures and culture influence art and architecture. Check out their museum exhibits on this Padlet and take a tour through different civilizations both past and present!
Thank you to our drivers for accompanying us to Temple Beth Or! It was a wonderful afternoon – PICTURES here! Special thanks to Mira’s mom, Lexie Null, for all of her work to help us coordinate.
We need drivers for Tuesday and Thursday!
Global Religion Tour: Drivers are needed for Tuesday and Thursday! – Sign Up
- Tuesday, May 10th 10:30am -1:30 pm – Sri Venkateswara Temple of North Carolina – Hinduism
- Wednesday, May 11th 1:30-2:45-Edenton Street United Methodist Church (Parents, we don’t need drivers, but you are welcome to meet us at school at 1:30 and walk over with us!)
- Thursday, May 12th 12:30 pm-3:15 pm – Islamic Association of Raleigh
- Thursday, June 9th 9:30 am-12:00 pm – Bowling in Garner!
ASTROCAMP REFUND UPDATE: Exploris is preparing refund checks for payments made for Astrocamp. Exploris is waiting to receive the refund of the payment made to Astrocamp, which we expect to receive around May 20. As soon as we receive the check from Astrocamp, refund checks will be sent out to the families. Thank you for your patience as we await this final refund from Astrocamp.
SAVE THE DATE: Portfolio Conferences, May 19-25
MIDDLE SCHOOL DANCE ON FRIDAY, MAY 13TH: The PTO is excited to sponsor the 2022 Spring Middle School Dance! This will be the first dance our middle schoolers have been able to have since Fall 2019 (when the 8th graders were in 6th grade)! We hope everyone will be able to attend this special event, held at the NC State University Club ballroom and outdoor courtyard.
- $8 in advance, $10 cash at the door.
Buy your tickets now! (Names will go on a list and students can check in at the dance.)
- In addition to the Exploris teacher chaperones, we need parents to help. Sign up here:
More information and FAQs here: https://explorispto.org/middle-school-dance/
- Exploris UPDATED COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK / Free Covid testing
- Buy your yearbook today at Yearbook at Jostens.
- Lunch Programming: APRIL MENU
- Counselor referral Please use this link and complete the form.
- Yu-Gi- Oh Card Club (every other Tuesday after school 3:15-4:15) Michelle Duncan
- Pride Club (Every other Tuesday) Cori and Mary
- SAVE Club (Every other Tuesday) Michelle Duncan
- Magic the Gathering Club 3:15-4:15 Kelly (Mondays)
- Drama Club (Wednesdays 3:15-5:00 Kim Nilsen 919-308-7214)
- Girls in Science Summer Ed-Venture – North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Dates: July 18–23, 2022 Camp starts at 1:00pm on Monday, July 18 and ends at noon on Saturday, July 23, 2022. Fee: $650 includes all activities and program materials, lodging, meals, field trip transportation, T-shirt and certificate. Scholarships are available!
|Sixth Grade THIS WEEK’S Overview LINKSchool Calendar LINK|
|Friday, May 13||Middle School Dance 7-9pm CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS|
|Friday, May 20||Portfolio Conferences – No School|
|May 27-June 10||EOG Testing Window|
|Monday, May 30||Holiday – Memorial Day|
|Friday, June 10||Last Day of School – Dismissal 12:15pm|
Devon, Emily, Loren, and Shannon