Friday, April 29, 2022
Please remember that students will not come to our campuses on Monday and Tuesday! Eid is on Monday. We have designated a Flex Day to also occur alongside this holiday, which means the next time students will be on campus will be Wednesday of next week. There is a slight typo on our calendar that lists Eid as occurring on Tuesday. We apologize for that. The goal was to have a flex day alongside Eid, so please know that all asynchronous work can be done by students either on Monday or Tuesday. Please refer to grade level emails for expectations and remote assignments.
Global Religion Tour: Drivers needed! – Sign Up
- Thursday, May 5th 1:00 -3:15pm – Afternoon at Temple Beth Or
- Tuesday, May 10th 10:30am -1:30 pm – Sri Venkateswara Temple of North Carolina – Hinduism
- Wednesday, May 11th 1:30-2:45-Edenton Street United Methodist Church (Parents, we don’t need drivers, but you are welcome to meet us at school at 1:30 and walk over with us!)
- Thursday, May 12th 12:30 pm-3:15 pm – Islamic Association of Raleigh
- Thursday, June 9th 9:30 am-12:00 pm – Bowling in Garner!
Eco Journey – Parents, Shannon is an I-ACT Fellow, and as part of this program our 6th graders are invited to pilot a new virtual simulation called ECO JOURNEYS. The pilot is being led by NCSU and Indiana State University with a focus on science and collaboration. My hope is that at least 40 sixth graders participate. In order to participate I need the following consent forms signed. One for a parent, and the other for the student. The game will be played during “study hall” the last half hour of each day. Students that do not play will have time for other school work. I will need ALL forms by Thursday, May 5. Our goal is to kickoff the program Monday May 9! Questions reach out to Shannon email@example.com.
ASTROCAMP REFUND UPDATE: Exploris is preparing refund checks for payments made for Astrocamp. Exploris is waiting to receive the refund of the payment made to Astrocamp, which we expect to receive around May 20. As soon as we receive the check from Astrocamp, refund checks will be sent out to the families. Thank you for your patience as we await this final refund from Astrocamp.
EOG TESTING CALENDAR: The Exploris School is considering a change to the testing calendar that will impact scholars grades 3-8 during the school days from May 27th to June 7th.
We will be offering three informal listening sessions through a Zoom call at the following days and times:
● Sunday, May 1st at 5:00 pm
● Monday, May 2nd at 8:00 am
● Tuesday, May 3rd at noon
All of the Zoom calls will use the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8856217609
Details about the testing plan were emailed to families on April 27th at 10:39 AM. The information and proposed calendar can be found here: Proposed EOG Testing Calendar
CITY NATURE CHALLENGE THIS WEEKEND: Click here for more information!
She Persisted! needs your donations! ...and She Persisted to Rock! Women’s elective is gathering items to donate to The Women’s Center. Each grade is responsible for donating the following items:
- 6th grade- Bottled Water
- 7th grade- Sunscreen
- 8th grade- Mosquito Repellent & Socks
Bring these items to school by Friday, May 6th.
SAVE THE DATE: Portfolio Conferences, May 19-25
- Devon Sign Up
- Emily Sign Up (will be sent via email next week)
- Loren Sign Up (will be sent via email)
- Shannon Sign Up – Coming – will Email link.
- Exploris UPDATED COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK / Free Covid testing
- Buy your yearbook today at Yearbook at Jostens.
- Lunch Programming: APRIL MENU
- Counselor referral Please use this link and complete the form.
- Yu-Gi- Oh Card Club (every other Tuesday after school 3:15-4:15) Michelle Duncan
- Pride Club (Every other Tuesday) Cori and Mary
- SAVE Club (Every other Tuesday) Michelle Duncan
- Magic the Gathering Club 3:15-4:15 Kelly (Mondays)
- Drama Club (Wednesdays 3:15-5:00 Kim Nilsen 919-308-7214)
- Girls in Science Summer Ed-Venture – North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences Dates: July 18–23, 2022 Camp starts at 1:00pm on Monday, July 18 and ends at noon on Saturday, July 23, 2022. Fee: $650 includes all activities and program materials, lodging, meals, field trip transportation, T-shirt and certificate. Scholarships are available!
|Sixth Grade THIS WEEK’S Overview LINKSchool Calendar LINK|
|Mon, May 2||Flex Day: Students learning from home|
|Tues, May 3||Holiday – Eid al Fitr|
|Wed. May 4||Eco Journey KICKOFF in Study Hall|
|Friday, May 13||Middle School Dance|
|Friday, May 20||Portfolio Conferences – No School|
|May 27-June 10||EOG Testing Window|
|Monday, May 30||Holiday – Memorial Day|
|Friday, June 10||Last Day of School – Dismissal 12:15pm|
Devon, Emily, Loren, and Shannon