Friday, April 8, 2022
Happy Spring Break! Please remember we come back Tuesday, April 19. (April 18th is a teacher workday!)
Astrocamp will be here very soon! Please review the below student expectations:
- Students will be expected to serve themselves appropriate portions of food and drinks (to limit waste) in the cafeteria. It may be helpful to discuss how a buffet line or family style meal works.
- Students will be expected to clean up after themselves after meals and also clean up their cabin before leaving.
- Students will be expected to dress themselves, setup their bed, and practice appropriate personal hygiene.
- Students will be expected to stay quietly in their bed and go to sleep during Astrocamp’s quiet hours (9:30pm-7:00am).
- No technology is allowed. Students must leave cell phones, laptops, etc. at home. This is Astrocamp’s policy.
- Students will be expected to demonstrate respectful, safe behavior to teachers, chaperones, students, and all Astrocamp staff. If there are ANY behavior issues, parents will be contacted immediately and expected to drive to Clover, Virginia to pick up their child.
If you have any questions or concerns about the above expectations, please reach out to your Crew teacher. These are firm expectations necessary for all to enjoy the Astrocamp experience. We are looking forward to our trip!
Astrocamp Payments – Last Call! Shannon@exploris.org
- $165 per student
- $65 per chaperone
Methods for Payment
- Send a check made out to The Exploris School.
- Use PAYPAL please indicate in the notes it is for Astrocamp.
ASTROCAMP PACKING LIST: CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PACKING LIST. Please note that students are not allowed to bring any electronic devices on the trip. We will send home a paper copy of the packing list AND permission slip after break.
WATER BOTTLES: Please make sure your scholar has a reusable water bottle everyday! Our water fountains are open for refills! Please help us display our core value of Connections to Nature by reducing the number of single-use plastics we are seeing on our campuses. Thank you!
YEARBOOKS: The yearbook final order has been placed, and only 12 books remain available for sale! Don’t miss out on the memories! Link: Yearbook at Jostens
RESTORATIVE PRACTICE WORKSHOP FOR PARENTS/CAREGIVERS: Free Virtual workshop for Parents and Caregivers: Restorative Practices for Parents and Caregivers Sponsored by Peaceful Schools
LUNCH VOLUNTEERING: The Exploris Elementary and Middle School have a new opportunity for parents to volunteer. We are looking for parents/grandparents/caregivers to come and cover a lunch/recess session at the school. This is on Tuesdays and Thursdays right now, please see the signup below to participate!
- Exploris UPDATED COVID Protocol Flowchart: LINK / Free Covid testing
- Buy your yearbook today at Yearbook at Jostens.
- Lunch Programming: APRIL MENU
- Counselor referral Please use this link and complete the form.
- Yu-Gi- Oh Card Club (Tuesdays after school 3:15-4:15) Michelle Duncan
- Pride Club (Every other Tuesday) Cori and Mary
- SAVE Club (Every other Tuesday) Michelle Duncan
- Magic the Gathering Club 3:15-4:15 Kelly (Mondays)
- Drama Club (Wednesdays 3:15-5:00 Kim Nilsen 919-308-7214)
|Sixth Grade THIS WEEK’S Overview LINKSchool Calendar LINK|
|April 9-17, 18||Spring Break, Teacher Workday on 18th|
|Mon, May 2||Flex Day: TBA|
|Tues, May 3||Holiday – Eid al Fitr|
|May 5-6||Astrocamp! Depart Thursday morning (8:15) and back for Friday afternoon carpool!|
|Friday, May 13||Middle School Dance|
|Friday, May 20||Portfolio Conferences – No School|
|May 27-June 10||EOG Testing Window|
|Monday, May 30||Holiday – Memorial Day|
|Friday, June 10||Last Day of School – Dismissal 12:15pm|
Devon, Emily, Loren, and Shannon